Subsidized social compliance certification scheme for Farm Labor Contractors – OPEN FOR APPLICATION NOWDecember 12, 2019 11:29 am, , Leave your thoughts
Farm Labor Contractors (FLCs) in the US produce sector are invited to apply for a third-party audit and certification program that aims to promote good practices and reward firms that supply ethically sourced labor to the US market.
Clearview, a global social compliance audit and certification program enables FLCs to demonstrate to existing and potential clients through an independent audit, that they operate responsibly, professionally, legally and ethically in their sourcing and supply of workers. Launching in the US in 2020, Clearview certification is being offered free of charge to a limited initial group, with the aim to:
- Promote the value of Farm Labor Contractor certification by publicly promoting those companies that receive it;
- Encourage the retail and buyer communities to consider preferential treatment or designated supplier status as a way of managing their risks related to US produce production.
The subsidized scheme is being offered to FLCs with a focus on those that operate in the fresh produce sector in California and/or Florida. After the pilot period, this certification will operate similarly to other audit programs. Applicants would pay to register and then pay for the audit.
Specific information about the Clearview standard and process is contained in these online resources:
- Clearview brochure – providing an overview of the scheme
- Clearview technical standards – a summary review of the content of the Clearview Technical Standards
- Frequently Asked Questions – note that there are no fees for the pilot group of FLCs in the US, as the registration and audit activity is grant funded.
FLCs that join the subsidized Clearview scheme will also benefit from free access to the Responsible Recruitment Toolkit, an online support platform that provides step-by-step guidance for businesses to assess their own progress regarding embedding and demonstrating ethical recruitment best practice.
We invite Farm Labor Contractors to express their interest as early as possible by sending an email to email@example.com by 15th January 2020. Please note there are a limited number of spots available and they will be allocated at the sole discretion of the scheme operators.
Click here to download a PDF version of this information.
Tags: US, Clearview, Farm Labor Contractors
Categorised in: Uncategorized, United States
Comments are closed here.