Senior Finance Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented and creative Finance professional to join and be part of our dynamic, labour rights focussed non-profit; supporting businesses to tackle labour exploitation and embed responsible recruitment and fair work.
This is a newly created position, leading our finance function to ensure the financial sustainability of our organisation, including developing and maintaining effective governance and controls and rigorous legal and ethical compliance alongside supporting the directors in developing and delivering strategic plans to achieve our organisational objectives in line with our values.
Together with one direct report, you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the finance function, including management accounts, forecasts, board reports, preparation of budgets and annual accounts, cashflow, payments and banking.
You’ll also monitor our spending, support bids, contracts and tenders with budget preparation and provide professional advice and guidance to all areas of the business.
You’ll work from home in the UK, in close cooperation with the co-CEOs but with a high degree of autonomy, and will join a friendly, supportive and committed global team, contributing towards creating systemic change.
Who you are:
- A CIMA, CIPFA, ACA (or other relevant professional qualification) qualified accountant with relevant experience of working in a finance role at a management level for a multi-country organisation
- Comprehensive experience with accounts and budgetary software (preferably QuickBooks) and meticulous attention to detail
- A clear and confident communicator with excellent written and spoken English – spoken and written Spanish would be an added bonus!
- Motivated and enthusiastic, able to work independently and with remote colleagues/stakeholders, delivering day-to-day workload with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build trust and rapport with colleagues across the UK and global teams
- A great organiser, with the ability to set and meet demanding targets and deadlines, and to hold others accountable to those
- UK-based with eligibility to work in the UK
Who we are:
Stronger Together is a business-led, multi-stakeholder collaborative initiative whose vision is a world where all workers are recruited responsibly and have fair work free from exploitation.
We support organisations to embed responsible recruitment and to tackle forced labour within their operations and supply chains. We work on a non-profit basis and provide clear guidance and pragmatic resources and training to support employers and labour providers in at risk sectors to embed responsible recruitment and to deter, detect and deal appropriately with forced labour, labour trafficking and other hidden labour exploitation.
What we can offer you:
- A permanent, part-time (0.6 FTE) contract with an initial six-month probationary period
- A competitive salary (salary band £23,625 – £29,925 gross annually pro-rata (£39,375 – £49,875 full-time equivalent) and enhanced employee benefits
- Being part of a growing, innovative, and exciting not for profit organisation
- A friendly global team which is passionate about and committed to fair work, ethical recruitment and systemic change
- Flexible and family-friendly working arrangements
- Working remotely (UK-based), with regular in person and online meetings and social team gatherings
- Employer Pays Principle employer – the full costs of recruitment are covered by Stronger Together in accordance with the ILO Definition of Recruitment Fees and Related Costs.
How to apply:
Please send us your CV and motivation letter (max. 2 pages of A4) outlining the skills and experience you have that meet the requirements of this role as outlined in the Job Description to email@example.com, please include ‘Application Senior Finance Manager’ in the subject line.
Details: Closing date: 9th October 2022 | Interviews w/c 17th October | Starting date: asap | Location: UK based but working from home| Contract: 0.6 FTE; permanent | Salary: £23,625 – £29,925 pro rata (equivalent of £39,375 – £49,875 for FTE)
Project Coordinator/Administrative Assistant for Stronger Together Spain
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work within Stronger Together’s Spain Programme. We are looking to recruit a part time Project Coordinator to provide administrative and project management support as a key member of the Stronger Together Spain team, ensuring that activities are appropriately coordinated, and excellent customer service is provided.
Stronger Together’s Spain Programme began in 2019 to support Spanish businesses in the horticultural industry to deter, detect and deal with forced labour and other third-party hidden labour exploitation in their businesses and supply chains.
To apply, please send your resume (CV) and cover letter (1 page max) outlining the skills and experience that meet the requirements of this role as outlined in the above job description and person specification to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Stronger Together Spain Project Coordinator’ in the subject line.
Closing date: 7 October 2022 | Interviews week commencing 11 October 2022
Location: UK based but working from home | Contract: 5 hours per week
Project Coordinator/Administrative Assistant for Stronger Together US
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work within Stronger Together’s US Responsible Recruitment Program, which began in February 2019 and is funded by the Walmart Foundation, continuing through until October 31, 2023. We are looking to recruit a part time Project Coordinator/Administrative assistant to provide administrative and project management support as a key member of the Stronger Together US team.
The program seeks 1) to scale the adoption of responsible recruitment practices in US agriculture, and 2) motivate the US fresh produce sector to recognize and reward responsible recruitment, thereby boosting the supply of ethically sourced labor and reducing risks for workers and businesses across the labor supply chain.
To apply, please send your resume (CV) and cover letter (1 page max) outlining the skills and experience that meet the requirements of this role as outlined in the above job description and person specification to email@example.com. Please include ‘Stronger Together US Project Coordinator/Administrative Assistant’ in the subject line.
Closing date: Friday 26th August 2022 | Interviews week commencing 29th August
Location: US based but working from home (some travel may be required) | Contract: 0.4 FTE/15 hours per week.