Operations and People Manager
The role: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated operations professional to join a dynamic, labour rights focussed non-profit supporting businesses to tackle labour exploitation and embed responsible recruitment and fair work.
This new role will be the organisation’s key lead on the systems, policies, procedures and training that support the smooth running of our operations, including a focus on CRM, People, IT and procurement.
Operations: On the Operations side, you’ll be responsible for the policies, procedures, systems and internal training that ensure the smooth running of our non-profit. You’ll be the organisational lead for managing our CRM database to ensure it is maintained accurately and fully to support wider organisational activity with the support of our team of co-ordinators based around the world. You’ll also manage other operational systems like IT security, data privacy, document management and business continuity.
People: On the People side, this is a varied role across the HR disciplines from recruitment, induction, colleague training and development, employee relations and internal communications.
You will work from home in the UK, and will join a friendly, supportive and committed global team, and contribute towards creating systemic change.
Who you are:
- An experienced operations professional with strong experience in developing and maintaining robust operations systems, including CRM, HR, IT, data protection, governance, business continuity, procurement and supplier management
- An engaging and empathetic people manager with experience in recruitment, induction, handling employee relations and internal communications
- A great organiser, with the ability to set and meet targets and deadlines, and to hold others accountable to those
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build trust and rapport with colleagues across the UK and global teams
- Comfortable in a multi-disciplined role with varied projects running concurrently
- A motivated and enthusiastic worker, able to work independently and with remote colleagues/stakeholders
- A confident trainer, motivated by delivering internal training to build colleague knowledge and skills
- UK-based with eligibility to work in the UK
You will work remotely, but in close cooperation with the co-CEOs and rest of the team with regular opportunities to catch up online and face to face.
Who we are:
Stronger Together is an impact driven, not for profit organisation providing businesses with practical training, resources, business services and collaborative programmes to create a world where all workers are recruited responsibly and have fair work free from exploitation. Read more about our story on our About Us page.
What we can offer you:
- A permanent, part-time (0.6 FTE) contract with an initial six-month probationary period
- Competitive salary (salary band £23,220 – £29,853 gross annually pro rata, £38,700 – £49,755 full-time equivalent) and enhanced employee benefits
- Being part of a growing, innovative, and exciting not for profit organisation
- A friendly global team which is passionate about and committed to fair work, responsible recruitment and systemic change
- Flexible and family-friendly working arrangements
- Working from home (UK-based), with regular in person and online meetings and social team gatherings
- Employer Pays Principle employer – the full costs of recruitment are covered by Stronger Together in accordance with the ILO Definition of Recruitment Fees and Related Costs.
How to apply:
Please send us your CV and motivation letter (max. 2 pages of A4) outlining the skills and experience you have that meet the requirements of this role as outlined in the Job Description to firstname.lastname@example.org, please include ‘Application Operations and People Manager’ in the subject line.
Closing date: 12:00 Noon Monday 11th December | Interviews: 14th & 15th December | Starting date: January 2024 | Location: UK based – working from home | Contract: 0.6 FTE; permanent
We are always keen to hear from people with insight and experience relevant to our mission at Stronger Together. Please get in touch if you are interested in joining our team, even if there are no current roles suited to you being advertised. Please email email@example.com with a CV and cover letter if you are interested in working with us.