Our multi-stakeholder collaborative program seeks to motivate the U.S. fresh produce sector to recognize and reward responsible recruitment, thereby boosting the supply of ethically sourced labor and reducing risks for workers and businesses across the labor supply chain. We recognize that to enable collective action and reach scale, responsible recruitment work must be business-friendly and solutions-oriented.
If you are active in the U.S. produce industry here is how you can get involved and partner with us to support your risk mitigation and human rights due diligence programs:
- Attend training to build your/your supplier’s capacity to implement, embed and oversee Responsible Recruitment: Understand your responsibilities related to Responsible Recruitment and receive practical guidance, aligned to international best practice, to support ongoing implementation (free workshop available now- December 2023). Available for:
- Guidance, self-assessment and progress tracking through our Responsible Recruitment Tool (RRT): An unparalleled and comprehensive tool providing guidance, SAQ’s and tracking to assess and monitor your progress against Stronger Together’s 14 Organizational Standards enabling you to ensure responsible recruitment, fair work and freedom from exploitation. Ideal for U.S. fresh produce farm labor contractors, labor recruiters, and growers. (Free access available now- December 2023). Find out more and subscribe
- Join our Stakeholder Forum: A thought-leadership network for sharing challenges and best practices in responsible recruitment. The Forum has two caucuses: both a Private Sector and Civil Society Caucus. Contact us if you are interested in joining
- FLC certification program: Clearview US is Stronger Together’s global social compliance certification program for labor providers to recognize and differentiate themselves in the market as responsible recruiters. Find out more
*Opportunity to benefit from free U.S. training, materials and tools due to Walmart Foundation funding extends until the end of 2023.
U.S. produce relies on hundreds of thousands of workers to plant the fields, tend the crops, harvest the produce and pack it for markets both here and abroad. Given current labor shortages and increasing labor costs, the responsible recruitment of farmworkers is critical to achieving commercial goals, delivering a fair and equitable jobseeker and employment experience, and enabling the industry to thrive.
- Equip businesses with knowledge, materials, and tools specific to the U.S. produce industry to implement and demonstrate responsible recruitment and forced labor/hidden labor exploitation prevention in their labor supply chain
- Facilitate stakeholder dialogue, cooperation, and action for industry leaders to generate market signals for responsible recruitment
- Demonstrate the business case for independent verification and certification of farm labor contractors
What’s new? See our blog for the latest updates.
'Far From Home' short film
A new short film highlighting the importance of responsible recruitment to employers and migrant workers in North American agriculture. Available for free in Spanish and English to support awareness raising activities and employee inductions.
Register for training
Implementation and continuous improvement of responsible recruitment practices not only ensures workers are safeguarded, but enhances the reputation of businesses, and ultimately protects the livelihood and sustainability of the U.S. fresh produce sector.
Register your interest
Stay informed about program news, offerings and opportunities to get involved.
Read the latest program news to find out more about the program and how you can get involved.