Addressing forced labour and labour exploitation in your business and supply chain is not a once off exercise, but rather an on-going good practice journey. To support businesses to go further in reducing the risk of forced labour in their business and supply chain this Advanced workshop provides additional practical support to producers and agri-businesses.
Since launching our specialised industry programme in 2017, Stronger Together has trained over 2000 South African agri-business representatives. To support businesses to go further in reducing the risk of forced labour in their business and supply chain Stronger Together have developed a new half-day workshop to provide additional practical support to producers and agri-businesses.
In partnership with the Wine and Agricultural Ethical Trade Association (WIETA) and the Sustainability Initiative South Africa (SIZA), “Taking Your Next Steps: A Follow-up Workshop for Agri-Businesses, South Africa” is designed for those who have attended the one-day Detecting, Deterring and Dealing with Forced Labour in Agri-Businesses workshop and would like additional support to further implement the expert guidance and embed the changes within their business and supply chains.
By the end of the workshop attendees will:
- Have increased understanding of how to implement immediate, medium and long-term steps for mitigating the risks of forced labour in businesses and supply chains
- Engage in peer-to-peer sharing of challenges and the key sticking points for implementation
- Develop practical solutions-focused approaches for overcoming challenges and have an understanding of best practice
- Know how to become a Stronger Together Champion in their area
- Be equipped with tools and resources to support them to take action.
This workshop is ideal for:
- Those who have already attended Stronger Together’s one-day Detecting, Deterring and Dealing with Forced Labour in Agri-Businesses workshop.
- Those representing businesses from which a representative has previously attended Stronger Together’s one-day ‘Detect, Deterring and Dealing with Forced Labour in Agri-Businesses’ workshop and who already have a good understanding of forced labour.
How sessions run:
Workshops are delivered by expert local facilitators in Afrikaans & English
- Online sessions: 2.5 hours of live interactive training. All attendees will receive clear joining instructions detailing everything they need to know for the training after they have registered. Workshops are delivered via Zoom.
- R675 (+VAT) per delegate: for suppliers/service providers/sub-contractors to Stronger Together South Africa Programme Sponsors
- R965 (+ VAT) per delegate: all other places
There is one free delegate place per organisation* on open workshops for Stronger Together South Africa Programme Sponsors’ South African-based suppliers/service providers/sub-contractors. And, unlimited discounted places for WIETA members and SIZA members, and Stronger Together South Africa Programme Sponsors’ South African-based suppliers/service providers/sub-contractors
The Stronger Together South Africa Programme Sponsors are: Alko, Berryworld, Marks and Spencer, Sainsbury’s, Systembolaget, Tesco, Vinmonopolet and Woolworths.
*This is one free place per organization (refreshes every three years), not per workshop or per site. Codes to book free places are supplied by the Programme Sponsors or can be obtained from Stronger Together. WIETA and SIZA members can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain discount codes. If you need help with your booking, then contact email@example.com.
For all other places, select your date from the list above and book your workshop online.