*All face-to-face training and events are currently postponed due to Covid-19. To support businesses remotely, this workshop has been adapted to recreate the experience of our face-to-face training and is now available as an interactive online training session.*
Since launching our specialised industry programme in 2017, Stronger Together has trained over 1300 South African agri-business representatives. To support businesses to go further in reducing the risk of forced labour in their business and supply chain Stronger Together have developed a new half-day workshop to provide additional practical support to producers and agri-businesses.
In partnership with the Wine and Agricultural Ethical Trade Association (WIETA) and the Sustainability Initiative South Africa (SIZA), “Taking Your Next Steps: A Follow-up Workshop for Agri-Businesses, South Africa” is designed for those who have attended the one-day Detecting, Deterring and Dealing with Forced Labour in Agri-Businesses workshop and would like additional support to further implement the expert guidance and embed the changes within their business and supply chains.
By the end of the workshop attendees will:
- Have increased understanding of how to implement immediate, medium and long-term steps for mitigating the risks of forced labour in businesses and supply chains
- Engage in peer-to-peer sharing of challenges and the key sticking points for implementation
- Develop practical solutions-focused approaches for overcoming challenges and have an understanding of best practice
- Know how to become a Stronger Together Champion in their area
- Be equipped with tools and resources to support them to take action.
This workshop is ideal for:
- Those who have already attended Stronger Together’s one-day Detecting, Deterring and Dealing with Forced Labour in Agri-Businesses workshop.
- Those representing businesses from which a representative has previously attended Stronger Together’s one-day ‘Detect, Deterring and Dealing with Forced Labour in Agri-Businesses’ workshop and who already have a good understanding of forced labour.
How sessions run:
Workshops are delivered by expert local facilitators in Afrikaans & English
- Online sessions: 2.5 hours of live interactive training. All attendees will receive clear joining instructions detailing everything they need to know for the training after they have registered. Workshops are delivered via Zoom.
- Face-to-face workshops: 8:30 am – 1 pm
- R615 (+VAT) per delegate: for suppliers/service providers/sub-contractors to Stronger Together South Africa Business Sponsors
- R875 (+ VAT) per delegate: all other places
There is one free delegate place per organisation* on open workshops for Stronger Together South Africa Business Sponsors’ South African-based suppliers/service providers/sub-contractors. And, unlimited discounted places for WIETA members and SIZA members, and Stronger Together South Africa Business Sponsors’ South African-based suppliers/service providers/sub-contractors
The Stronger Together South Africa Business Sponsors are: Alko, Berryworld, Sainsbury’s, Systembolaget, Tesco and Vinmonopolet.
*This is one free place per organisation (from May 2021, refreshes every three years), not per workshop or per site. Codes to book free places are supplied by WIETA and SIZA and the Business Sponsors, if you need help with your booking, please registered on our website, then email [email protected].
For all other places, select your date from the list above and book your workshop online.
In the first three years of the programme 77 workshops were delivered across 7 provinces. Following these workshop
- 96% of participants reported increased understanding of what modern slavery is, the risks and impacts to their business and what they can do to prevent it.
- 74% had raised the issue with senior management
- 85% had set up grievance mechanisms for workers
- 75% had appointed a representative responsible for forced labour