One-day workshop, 9:30 am – 4:15 pm
Do your purchasing practices mitigate the risks of modern slavery or do they contribute to creating the environment in which modern slavery can thrive? How does your organisation balance the need for ethical purchasing with the drive for positive commercial outcomes? Are you taking a comprehensive approach that addresses tensions in your purchasing practices and processes? Do your purchasing teams understand how their behaviour can drive suppliers towards unethical practices?
The increasing numbers of modern slavery victims reported in the UK and overseas suggests that this is an issue that is not going to resolve itself.
This 2-part workshop focuses first on strategic considerations followed by useful practical guidance and advice on operational implementation. Attendees can chose to attend either the morning strategy session or the afternoon operations session or attend the whole day.
After the morning strategy session (9:30 am – 12:30 pm) you will:
- Have a framework from which to develop your strategy to tackle modern slavery through Purchasing Practices
- Understand how to mitigate the risks of modern slavery through Purchasing and how to avoid the unintended negative consequences of your Purchasing cycle
- Know the systemic changes that are required in your business.
After the afternoon operations session (1:15 pm – 4:15 pm) you will:
- Have a framework and tools from which to develop a practical programme to tackle modern slavery at an operational level through Purchasing Practices
- Be confident in engaging with suppliers to achieve the changes required to mitigate modern slavery risks in your supply chain.
After attending the full day workshop you will:
- Have the framework and tools to develop and implement a comprehensive programme to tackle modern slavery through Purchasing Practices.
This workshop is ideal for:
- Those responsible for the strategy and policies for tackling modern slavery in Purchasing including Procurement, Purchasing, Supply Chain and Buying Senior Managers or Directors, CSR, Ethical Trade and/or Sustainability Managers
- Those responsible for operational implementation and direct supplier engagement including those in Supply Chain, Procurement and Purchasing Teams and Buyers or Sustainable/Ethical Procurement roles
- Applicable across all sectors including food and agriculture, garment, general merchandise, retail, manufacturing, goods not for resale and all elements of construction.
- Morning strategy session (9:30 am – 12:30 pm) £145 (+VAT)
- Afternoon operations session (1:15 pm – 4:15 pm) £145 (+VAT)
- Both sessions (9:30 am – 4:15 pm) £265 (+VAT)
All ticket bookings are non-refundable for cancellations less than seven days before the workshop.