*** To continue to support businesses remotely, this workshop has been adapted to recreate the experience of our face-to-face training and is available as an interactive online training session.***
Do your purchasing practices mitigate the risks of modern slavery or do they contribute to creating the environment in which modern slavery can thrive? How does your organisation balance the need for ethical purchasing with the drive for positive commercial outcomes? Are you taking a comprehensive approach that addresses tensions in your purchasing practices and processes? Do your purchasing teams understand how their behaviour can drive suppliers towards unethical practices?
The increasing numbers of modern slavery victims reported in the UK and overseas suggests that this is an issue that is not going to resolve itself.
This workshop focuses first on strategic considerations followed by useful practical guidance and advice on operational implementation.
“I thoroughly enjoyed today’s session and have come away with a lot of information that has made me think about what I can do differently within my team and the wider business. Thank you very much for a very good days learning!”
“The workshop helped to raise the awareness of our team around Modern Slavery and will definitely be a good reference to build on areas where we have gaps in our understanding as a team.”
Workshop attendee feedback
After attending the workshop you will:
- Have a framework from which to develop your strategy to tackle modern slavery through Purchasing Practices and understand the systemic changes that are required in your business
- Have tools from which to develop a practical programme to tackle modern slavery at an operational level through Purchasing Practices
- Understand how to mitigate the risks of modern slavery through Purchasing and how to avoid the unintended negative consequences of your Purchasing cycle
- Be confident in engaging with suppliers to achieve the changes required to mitigate modern slavery risks in your supply chain.
This workshop is ideal for:
- Those responsible for the strategy and policies for tackling modern slavery in Purchasing including Procurement, Purchasing, Supply Chain and Buying Senior Managers or Directors, CSR, Ethical Trade and/or Sustainability Managers
- Those responsible for operational implementation and direct supplier engagement including those in Supply Chain, Procurement and Purchasing Teams and Buyers or Sustainable/Ethical Procurement roles
- Applicable across all sectors including food and agriculture, garment, general merchandise, retail, manufacturing, goods not for resale and all elements of construction.
How sessions run:
- Online sessions: 9:30am – 3:30pm live interactive sessions with time for a lunch break between sessions (12:30pm – 1pm)
- Face-to-face workshops: 9:30am – 4pm
- Online sessions: £215 (+VAT) per delegate for all places
- Face-to-face workshop: £265 (+VAT) per delegate for all places
- South Africa workshop: Currently free due to grant funding
All ticket bookings are non-refundable for cancellations less than seven days before the workshop.