*** To continue to support businesses remotely, this workshop has been adapted to recreate the experience of our face-to-face training and is available as an interactive online training session.***
Understand the responsibilities and best practice associated with tackling modern slavery in UK businesses.
Detected cases of modern slavery within the UK are escalating. Forced labour is a hidden crime undertaken by exploitative individuals and criminal gangs. Many employers are not aware of how this exploitation may be taking place in their businesses and UK supply chains today. No business is free from risk; high-risk sectors include those whose businesses and UK supply chains are characterised by a high proportion of migrant workers undertaking unskilled and irregular work.
Developed and delivered by experienced practitioners this pragmatic training, available online and face-to-face, will ensure you are informed and equipped to address forced labour, implement good practice and minimise the risk to your business.
By the end of the workshop you will:
- Know what modern slavery, forced labour and hidden labour exploitation is
- Understand the potential risk and impacts of modern slavery and the business case for tackling it
- Know how to recognise the signs that someone may be being exploited and how to respond
- Be confident in your next steps to deter, detect and deal with it in your business and have the tools you need to implement what you’ve learnt.
This workshop is ideal for:
- Those responsible for tackling modern slavery from policy to implementation including HR, CSR, technical and operational managers
- Worker representatives, auditors and others with a responsibility in the area of modern slavery
- All sectors and particularly food, garment and general merchandise manufacturing; agriculture and horticulture; and car washes.
If you work in the construction industry we recommend our sector specific workshop ‘Tackling Modern Slavery in the Construction Sector’.
How sessions run:
- Online sessions: 4 1/2-hour live interactive training split into two halves with a lunch break in between. First half 09:30-11:30 and Second half 12:300-15:00. This is an interactive training including the opportunity to ask our expert trainers questions.
- Face-to-face workshops: 9:30am – 3:30pm
- £125 (+VAT) per delegate: for ALP members and suppliers/service providers to project sponsors
- £175 (+ VAT) per delegate: all other places
- £145 (+VAT) per delegate: for ALP members and suppliers/service providers to project sponsors
- £195 (+ VAT) per delegate: all other places
There is one free delegate place per organisation* on open workshops for ALP members**, GLAA licence holders, charities, NGOs and project sponsor UK based suppliers of own label product or goods not for resale and service provider direct suppliers. Free places for those who are eligible renew every 3 years.
*This is one free place per organisation, not per workshop/per site. **Free place only valid if ALP Membership is in place at workshop date.
How to book:
If you are eligible for a free delegate place, please email [email protected] to submit your request to book this workshop. Please provide your name, your organisation, the name of the workshop you would like to attend and contact information. Stronger Together will verify your eligibility and provide further booking instructions.
For all other places, select your date from the list above and book your workshop online.