Understand the prevalence of modern slavery within the construction sector, your responsibilities and best practice associated with tackling it.
Forced labour and labour trafficking are hidden crimes undertaken by exploitative individuals and criminal gangs. Detected cases within the UK construction sector are escalating. Many businesses are not aware that this exploitation may be taking place within their operations and supply chains today.
Developed with the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) and delivered by experts from the construction sector this pragmatic training, available online and face-to-face, will ensure you are informed and equipped to address forced labour, implement good practice and minimise the risk to your business.
“Stronger Together has a track record of delivering results for the most demanding of companies and their sector-specific programmes are proven to work. Delivered as part of the programme, Stronger Together’s training sets out more than legal or due diligence requirements – it shows what is right. Time and again, the training creates those “light bulb” moments when you know you have something to deal with. As a result it’s very powerful.”
Chris Blythe, former Chief Executive of The Chartered Institute of Building
By the end of the workshop you will:
- Understand how modern slavery occurs in the construction sector: the potential risks, impacts and the business case for tackling it
- Know how to spot that someone may be being exploited and how to respond
- Be confident in your next steps to deter, detect and deal with modern slavery in your business
- Be familiar with creating a strategic framework for tackling slavery in global supply chains
- Have the tools you need to implement what you’ve learnt.
This workshop is ideal for:
- Construction site managers and project managers
- Those responsible for tackling modern slavery within your business and HR and labour agencies
- Those responsible for addressing human rights risks across the whole supply chain.
How sessions run:
- Online training allows you to attend from where you are and consists of:
- a pre-recorded session to provide context and background and a video which provides insight in to how Modern Slavery occurs in the construction sector 42 mins – both to be viewed in the participant’s own time prior to the live session.
- Strategic Planning Live Interactive Session – 2.5 hours
- Operational Implementation Live Interactive Session – 2.5 hours
- Please note the timings for this workshop are the same as our face-to-face workshops; 9.30am – 3.30pm.
There is one free delegate place with a valid discount code provided by a Construction or Consumer Goods programme sponsor, for first-tier suppliers/sub-contractors to the sponsors of the Construction programme. This is one free place per organisation, not per workshop or per site.*
- £170 (+VAT) per delegate: for those with a valid discount code provided by a Construction or Consumer Goods programme sponsor
- £255 (+VAT) per delegate: all other places
How to book:
If you are eligible for a free delegate place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your request to book this workshop. Please provide your name, your organisation, the name of the workshop you would like to attend and contact information. Stronger Together will verify your eligibility and provide further booking instructions.
For all other places, select your date from the list above and book your workshop online.