***All face-to-face training and events are currently postponed until the 31st of May. To support businesses remotely, this workshop has been adapted to recreate the experience of our face-to-face training and is now available as an interactive online training session.***
Understand the prevalence of modern slavery within the construction sector, your responsibilities and best practice associated with tackling it.
Forced labour and labour trafficking are hidden crimes undertaken by exploitative individuals and criminal gangs. Detected cases within the UK construction sector are escalating. Many businesses are not aware that this exploitation may be taking place within their operations and supply chains today.
Developed with the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) and delivered by experts from the construction sector this pragmatic training, available online and face-to-face, will ensure you are informed and equipped to address forced labour, implement good practice and minimise the risk to your business.
“Stronger Together has a track record of delivering results for the most demanding of companies and their sector-specific programmes are proven to work. Delivered as part of the programme, Stronger Together’s training sets out more than legal or due diligence requirements – it shows what is right. Time and again, the training creates those “light bulb” moments when you know you have something to deal with. As a result it’s very powerful.”
Chris Blythe, former Chief Executive of The Chartered Institute of Building
By the end of the workshop you will:
- Understand how modern slavery occurs in the construction sector: the potential risks, impacts and the business case for tackling it
- Know how to spot that someone may be being exploited and how to respond
- Be confident in your next steps to deter, detect and deal with modern slavery in your business
- Be familiar with creating a strategic framework for tackling slavery in global supply chains
- Have the tools you need to implement what you’ve learnt.
This workshop is ideal for:
- Construction site managers and project managers
- Those responsible for tackling modern slavery within your business and HR and labour agencies
- Those responsible for addressing human rights risks across the whole supply chain.
How sessions run:
- Online training allows you to attend from where you are and consists of:
- a pre-recorded session to provide context and background and a video which provides insight in to how Modern Slavery occurs in the construction sector 42 mins – both to be viewed in the participant’s own time prior to the live session.
- Strategic Planning Live Interactive Session* – 2.5 hours
- Operational Implementation Live Interactive Session* – 2.5 hours
*participants can choose to attend both or one of the live sessions, depending on their role and the needs of their organisation.
- Face-to-face workshops 9:30am – 3:30pm
There is one free delegate place for first-tier suppliers/sub-contractors to the sponsors of the Construction programme. This is one free place per organisation, not per workshop or per site.
|Tackling Modern Slavery in Construction – Strategic planning
|Tackling Modern Slavery in Construction – Operational implementation
|Both online Construction training sessions (booking at same time)
*with a valid discount code provided by a Construction or Consumer Goods programme sponsor
- £145 (+VAT) per delegate: for those with a valid discount code provided by a Construction or Consumer Goods programme sponsor
- £225 (+VAT) per delegate: all other places
Call 01276 919090 to book your free place – you will need your free place discount code as provided by the sponsor.
For all other places, select your date from the list above and book your workshop online.