One-day workshop, 9:30 am – 3:30 pm
Understand the prevalence of modern slavery within the construction sector, your responsibilities and best practice associated with tackling it.
Forced labour and labour trafficking are hidden crimes undertaken by exploitative individuals and criminal gangs. Detected cases within the UK construction sector are escalating. Many businesses are not aware that this exploitation may be taking place within their operations and supply chains today.
Developed with the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) and delivered by experts from the construction sector this one day participatory course will ensure you are informed and equipped to address forced labour, implement good practice and minimise the risk to your business.
By the end of the workshop you will:
- Understand how modern slavery occurs in the construction sector: the potential risks, impacts and the business case for tackling it
- Know how to spot that someone may be being exploited and how to respond
- Be confident in your next steps to deter, detect and deal with modern slavery in your business
- Be familiar with creating a strategic framework for tackling slavery in global supply chains
- Have the tools you need to implement what you’ve learnt.
This workshop is ideal for:
- Construction site managers and project managers
- Those responsible for tackling modern slavery within your business and HR and labour agencies
- Those responsible for addressing human rights risks across the whole supply chain.
- £150 (+VAT) per delegate: for those with a valid discount code provided by a project sponsor.
- £225 (+VAT) per delegate: for all other places
Free places are available by invitation of the project sponsors only. Call 01276 919090 to book your free or discounted place once you have the valid discount code.
For all other places, select your date from the list above and book your workshop online.