One-day workshop, 9:30 am – 4:30 pm
Developed and facilitated by the Gangmasters and Labour Abuse Authority (GLAA), this practical one day workshop is based upon real life experience of identifying exploitative practice and the skills utilised to tackle it. Evidence has shown that exploitative practices such as (hidden third party) labour exploitation and human trafficking can remain hidden despite certain standard checks and auditing processes.
This course will go further in helping you uncover exploitation by developing the skills and confidence required to obtain detailed and accurate information through planning and conducting an interview with an investigation focus.
Please note that attendees should have already attended the ‘Tackling Modern Slavery in Businesses’ workshop or have a good understanding of modern slavery, in particular how to spot and respond appropriately to the signs of labour exploitation.
By the end of the workshop you will:
- Recognise the importance of setting clear goals for an interview
- Understand the benefits of effective communication skills
- Explain and apply the P.E.A.C.E interview framework
- Carry out work based interviews using the P.E.A.C.E interview framework
- Understand how information obtained will inform further actions.
This workshop is ideal for:
- HR, Recruitment and Compliance team members
- Auditors and those required to conduct interviews in the workplace.
- £195 (+VAT) per delegate: for all places
Attendees should have already attended the ‘Tackling Modern Slavery in UK Business’ workshop or have a good understanding of modern slavery, in particular how to spot and respond appropriately to the signs of labour exploitation.