***All face-to-face training and events are currently postponed until at least the 30th of September – this will be reviewed regularly in line with government guidance. To continue to support businesses remotely, this workshop has been adapted to recreate the experience of our face-to-face training and is now available as an interactive online training session.***
This practical workshop is based upon real life experience of identifying exploitative practice and the skills utilised to tackle it. Evidence has shown that exploitative practices such as (hidden third-party) labour exploitation and human trafficking can remain hidden despite certain standard checks and auditing processes.
This course will go further in helping you uncover exploitation by developing the skills and confidence required to obtain detailed and accurate information through planning and conducting an interview with an investigation focus. During this workshop, you will put your learning into practice and get direct practical feedback from the facilitator.
Please note that attendees should have already attended ‘Tackling Modern Slavery in UK Businesses’ or ‘Tackling Modern Slavery in the Construction Sector’ or have a good understanding of modern slavery, in particular how to spot and respond appropriately to the signs of labour exploitation.
By the end of the workshop you will:
- Recognise the importance of setting clear goals for an interview
- Understand the benefits of effective communication skills
- Explain and apply the P.E.A.C.E interview framework
- Carry out work based interviews using the P.E.A.C.E interview framework
- Understand how information obtained will inform further actions.
This workshop is ideal for:
- HR, Recruitment and Compliance team members
- Auditors and those required to conduct interviews in the workplace.
How sessions run:
- Online sessions: 6.5-hours training over 3 sessions: 2 x 2-hour live interactive sessions; 2.5 -hour implementation and observation session with direct personal feedback by our expert trainer
- Face-to-face workshops: 9:30am – 4:30pm
- £265 (+VAT) per delegate: for all places
Attendees should have already attended ‘Tackling Modern Slavery in UK Businesses’ or ‘Tackling Modern Slavery in the Construction Sector’ or have a good understanding of modern slavery, in particular how to spot and respond appropriately to the signs of labour exploitation