***All face-to-face training and events are currently postponed due to Covid-19. To support businesses remotely, this workshop is available as an interactive online training session and has been designed to recreate the experience of our face-to-face training.***
Understand the responsibilities and best practice associated with responsible recruitment in US fresh produce labor supply chains.
Proactive implementation and continuous improvement of responsible recruitment practices will not only ensure that practices safeguard workers, but will enhance the reputation of businesses, and ultimately, protect the livelihood and sustainability of the US fresh produce sector.
This 4-hour online training is designed to raise awareness of and build capacity to address risks to business and workers during recruitment and their on-going management in US fresh produce, with a spotlight on hidden labor exploitation. This participatory and action-oriented session combinations lecture-style presentations, peer-to-peer discussions and small group exercises. Delegates will receive practical tools to help mitigate these risks and implement ethical and professional practices.
By the end of the workshop attendees will know how to:
- Protect their business and workforce from unethical recruitment and hidden labor exploitation
- Recognize how adopting responsible recruitment practices will help them address current market challenges,
continuously improve and differentiate your business with your customers
- Access the resources and tools that are freely available to support them to implement, adopt
and oversee responsible recruitment
This course is designed, and FREE TO ATTEND, for farm labor contractors and growers as well as the following businesses:
- Labor recruiters
- Brands and retailers
Based in, and operating within, the United States fresh produce and wine grapes sector.
This workshop is ideal for:
- Business owners, human resources staff, management teams or those responsible for purchasing and labor policies in sustainability and CSR.
How sessions run:
Online sessions: 4 hour live online training.
- Once booked, you will receive joining instructions up to 3 days before the date of the training.
- Join us 10 minutes before the start time to check your audio and camera are working and for an informal meet and greet with trainers and other attendees.
- 4 hour live interactive training on Zoom with break-out rooms exercises, polls, and ongoing Q&A
- Reference materials:
- Free – the training is currently subsidized for US fresh produce businesses (including table and wine grapes) until end of January 2021.