Understand the responsibilities and best practice associated with responsible recruitment in US fresh produce labor supply chains.
Implementation and continuous improvement of responsible recruitment practices not only ensures workers are safeguarded, but enhances the reputation of businesses, and ultimately protects the livelihood and sustainability of the US fresh produce sector.
This participatory and action-planning focused online training combines data-backed presentation, hands-on demonstration of the Responsible Recruitment Toolkit online tool, peer-to-peer discussions, and small group exercises.
By the end of the workshop attendees will know how to:
- Protect their business and workforce from unethical recruitment and hidden labor exploitation
- Recognize how adopting responsible recruitment practices will help them address current market challenges,
continuously improve and differentiate your business with your customers
- Access the resources and tools that are freely available to support them to implement, adopt and oversee responsible recruitment
This course is designed, and FREE TO ATTEND, for farm labor contractors and growers as well as the following businesses based in and operating within the United States fresh produce and wine grapes sector:
- Labor recruiters
- Brands and retailers.
This workshop is ideal for:
- Business owners, human resources staff, management teams or those responsible for purchasing and labor policies in sustainability and CSR in the businesses mentioned above.
How sessions run:
Online sessions: 3 hour live online training.
- Once booked, you will receive joining instructions up to 3 days before the date of the training.
- Join us 10 minutes before the start time to check your audio and camera are working and for an informal meet and greet with trainers and other attendees.
- 4 hour live interactive training on Zoom with break-out rooms exercises, polls, and ongoing Q&A
- Reference materials:
***All face-to-face training and events are currently postponed due to Covid-19. To support businesses remotely, this workshop is available as an interactive online training session and has been designed to recreate the experience of our face-to-face training.***
- Free – the training is currently subsidized for US fresh produce businesses (including table and wine grapes).
Support your supply chain partners by sharing this opportunity. Click here to download the workshop flyer and distribute to growers and farm labor contractors in your supply chain.