***All face-to-face training and events have been postponed until at least the 30th of September – this will be reviewed regularly in line with government guidance. To continue to support businesses remotely, a number of other workshops are available online. Visit our workshops page to find out more***
Half-day workshop, 9:30 am – 1:00 pm
Understand your responsibilities and best practice in reporting and dealing with suspected and reported cases of modern slavery in your business.
How should you properly handle suspected and detected cases of modern slavery in your business? Who should you tell? When is it the right time to report? What can you expect from the authorities? What should you say to clients, other businesses and the media? Are you prepared?
Whilst on the radar of many, most employers have not yet experienced dealing with a case of modern slavery. Given the ongoing escalation of reported victims, the likelihood of this happening within your business continues to increase. This workshop provides useful practical guidance and advice to help you to prepare for and manage such a situation.
Building on the experience of individuals who have had to report and manage cases of modern slavery within their own businesses and supply chains and the input of the Gangmasters and Labour Abuse Authority (GLAA) , this 3.5-hour participatory course will ensure that you are informed and equipped should this occur within your business. Learn the potential pitfalls and how to manage an instance of suspected modern slavery in a way that reduces risk to the potential victim and to your business.
By the end of the workshop you will:
- Have a framework from which to develop your response to suspected or reported instances of modern slavery
- Understand the potential risk and impacts of your actions on victims, law enforcement, your business and your customers
- Know what information will be required from law enforcement and other key stakeholders
- Be confident in managing the multi-stakeholder process from initial discovery through to remedy and review.
This workshop is ideal for:
- Those responsible for tackling modern slavery from policy to
implementation, including HR, CSR, technical and operational
- All sectors and particularly food, garment and general
merchandise manufacturing; agriculture and horticulture;
construction and car washes.
Please note, attendees should have a good understanding of modern slavery, we recommend attending the ‘Tackling Modern Slavery in UK Business’ workshop first.