Agriculture is considered a high-risk sector for hidden labour exploitation, forced labour and bonded labour. One of the most common areas of risk is the recruitment of agri-workers, both internally and through third-party labour providers. This is particularly pertinent for sectors that rely on seasonal and temporary labour.
Supervisors are often responsible for recruitment and therefore play a key role in ensuring the business follows best practice. Stronger Together has designed a bespoke training solution to enable business to support their agri-supervisors to understand their role in implementing fair and ethical recruitment practices and preventing labour exploitation. Each attendee will receive a take-away leaflet to support the ongoing implementation of good practice and a certificate of attendance.
By the end of the workshop you will:
- Understand what hidden labour exploitation and forced labour are, and how it can occur in their daily operations
- Understand the importance of their role in implementing ethical practices
- Be equipped to engage effectively with jobseekers, and work teams at farm and packhouse level
- Be confident and able to support the business to prevent forced labour and labour exploitation from occurring within their operations
This workshop is ideal for:
- Those who directly oversee agri-workers at operational level such as farm supervisors and team leaders
- Those responsible for recruitment of agri-workers particularly during peak (harvest) season
How sessions run:
Delivered by expert facilitators in multiple languages this workshop is designed to be a 2hour 30min interactive workshop delivered in person on site.
To find out more or to host a training session for your supervisors please contact firstname.lastname@example.org