A practical training to support businesses in the design, development, implementation and evaluation of grievance mechanisms in their own operations.
To align with international best practice and increasing national and international legislative requirements and ensure responsible recruitment and fair work for all, it is important for businesses to have effective grievance mechanisms in place so that all workers can raise a grievance, complaint, concern or suggestion and ideas and access remedy.
However, there are common pitfalls which can mean grievance mechanisms fail to be ineffective, either because they are inaccessible, underused or mistrusted by workers.
Focused on workplace grievance mechanisms, this training will support you to assess your own business practices and give practical strategic and operational guidance for ensuring effective workplace grievance mechanisms from development to implementation and on-going monitoring and evaluation.
Whichever stage you are at, this training and complementary guidance, aligned to international best practice, will enable you to give your business’s approach to grievance mechanisms a ‘health check’.
By the end of the workshop, you will:
- Be ready with practical steps to assess and strengthen your businesses’ grievance mechanism systems.
- Be aware of common challenges that impact effective workplace grievance mechanisms and how to mitigate them
- Be familiar with the UN criteria for effective grievance mechanisms
- Receive Stronger Together’s ‘Ensuring Effective Workplace Grievance Mechanisms Checklist’ to support you to implement the guidance and gain internal alignment following the workshop
This workshop is ideal for:
- Those responsible for implementing/overseeing Grievance Mechanisms on-site, HR Managers
- Worker representatives
How sessions are run:
Live 2hour 30min online interactive training session. This is an interactive training workshop facilitated by an expert trainer, with participant contributions expected and opportunities provided throughout to ask our trainers questions.
£45 p.p. for South Africa based attendees
*14 March 2024 is a pilot workshop and places are free by invitation to supplier’s of Stronger Together programme sponsors
How to book:
Use the booking link on the top right of this page.