Supporting UK businesses to take their next steps in the implementation of their tackling modern slavery programmes to ensure they remain robust and effective.
The number of potential victims of modern slavery identified in the UK continues to rise. Forced labour is a hidden crime undertaken by exploitative individuals and criminal gangs. Responsible businesses rightly place addressing modern slavery risks as a cornerstone of their business strategy to protect workers and meet ethical, legal and transparency reporting obligations.
Developed and delivered by experienced practitioners, this one-day participatory course supports UK businesses to progress their existing risk management processes and take their next steps in implementation of good practice.
By the end of the workshop you will:
- Have improved understanding of Stronger Together’s recommended due diligence approach to address modern slavery risks
- Be confident in managing suspected and reported cases of forced labour in your business
- Know how to progress your existing programme and overcome some of the challenges you have faced
- Be confident in your next steps to deter, detect and deal with modern slavery in your business
The workshop is ideal for:
- Those responsible for tackling modern slavery from policy to implementation including HR, CSR, technical or operational managers and labour agency professionals
- All sectors in the UK, particularly those considered high-risk including food, garment and general merchandise manufacturing; agriculture and horticulture; and recruitment and labour supply.
- You have attended Stronger Together’s Tackling Modern Slavery in UK Businesses workshop
- You have completed one of the following for your organisation or workplace 3 months or less before the workshop date and will share this with Stronger Together at the latest 3 weeks before the workshop date:
- You have shared a copy of your Good Practice Implementation Checklist or Progress Reporting Tool summary report with Stronger Together 3 weeks before the workshop date
We will take into account the information shared by delegates before each workshop, enabling us to tailor each workshop to support the delegates best.
How sessions run:
- Online sessions: 5 hours live interactive training split into two halves with a lunch break in between. 09:30-15:00. This is an interactive training workshop with participant contributions expected and opportunities provided throughout to ask our expert trainers questions.
- Face-to-face workshops: 9:30 – 15:30
- £155 (+VAT) per delegate: for ALP members and suppliers/service providers to project sponsors
- £215 (+ VAT) per delegate: all other places
- £175 (+VAT) per delegate: for ALP members and suppliers/service providers to project sponsors
- £235 (+ VAT) per delegate: all other places
There is one free delegate place per organisation* on open workshops for ALP members, GLAA licence holders, Stronger Together Business Partners, and UK based suppliers of own label product or goods and services not for resale to sponsors of the Consumer Goods programme.
*This is one free place per organisation, not per workshop or per site or per year. Once you are registered on our website, please email email@example.com to submit your request to book your free delegate place . Free places for those who are eligible renew every 3 years.
For all other places, select your date from the list above and book your workshop online.